Have you seen and tasted the delicious bubble tea purple drink called Taro milk tea? Here is a recipe to drink the famous Taro drink that originated from Taiwan.
Taro Milk Tea Ingredients
- Taro Milk Tea Powder (3 oz)
- Black Tea (One inside a Filter Bag)
- Fructose / Sugar Water (1 oz)
- Substitutes: Honey or Agave
- Ice Cubes (1/2 cup)
- Whole Milk (1/2 cup)
- Cocktail Shaker
- Tablespoon (2 tbsp = 1 oz)
- Mixing Spoon
Taro Milk Tea Recipe
Procedure for making taro milk tea black tea base:
- Measure three quarters cup of water.
- Set a small pot on the stove.
- Pour the water into the pot.
- Ignite the stove and set the heat to medium high.
- Wait for the water to reaching boiling point.
- Once the water starts to boil, bring it to a brisk boil and turn off stove.
- Then place the tea bag in a cup and steep in the water for about two minutes.
- Take out tea bag after two minutes.
Notes: You are using black tea, which does have caffeine. Thus, taro milk tea does have caffeine.
Procedure for making taro milk tea drink:
Take the cocktail shaker and add in:
- 3oz of taro milk tea powder,
- 1oz fructose, and 1oz of hot water,
- Then mix taro milk tea powder and other ingredients until fully dissolved with mixing spoon,
- Next, add in half cup of milk, the prepared black tea base, and half cup of ice cubes,
- Shake the cocktail shaker for about thirty seconds,
- Pour into serving glasses and enjoy your delicious taro milk tea!
Notes: You can enjoy hot taro milk tea bubble tea by taking out the ice and mixing ingredients with hot water and then adding black tea. Mix contents with a spoon (do not shake) because the drink will be hot! Also don’t forget to add tapioca pearls to your drink!