Drinking and enjoying a good cup of coffee is probably one of the more natural things to do by any person across the globe. Coffee is one of the more in demand beverages anywhere in the world. It can be enjoyed hot and steaming or even cold and with lots of eyes. It has evolved into a variety of preparations to cater the discriminating and unique taste of every individual – be it latte, Americano, flat white, or cappuccino, there will always be a specific coffee for a particular person.
While a lot of people enjoy brewed coffee not all have the luxury of preparing and waiting for coffee beans to brew and sometimes there is no more time to take that trip to one’s favorite coffee place. In such cases mixing instant coffee used to be the only solution to get one’s coffee fix for the day; fortunately this is no longer the situation since the invention of coffee K-Cups. K-Cup is a unique brewing method that pump out single serve coffee at a time as it only have the capacity to hold one serving of coffee grounds. Once the K-Cup is placed in a brewer, hot water is then injected and out comes the coffee in a little over a minute. Here are some of the pros and cons of choosing coffee K-Cups:
- Coffee preparation is carried out in a flash since every K-Cup is already pre-measured to create that perfect blend of single serve coffee
- Clean-up is a breeze since one simply has to throw the used K-Cup after using
- There is practically no preparation time since there is no need to grind coffee beans, no need to measure coffee ratio versus sugar and cream, do taste test, and clean the mess
- One can never go wrong in terms of measurement since every K-Cup’s measurement is precise; no “trial and error” or “taste and adjust” needed
- While K-Cups generally taste good, it still does not equal to the taste of freshly brewed coffee since the former is still mass produced and slightly less fresh than the latter.
- Since preparation in K-Cups is already pre-set, one can no longer make adjustments like increasing steep time, etc.
- It costs higher than other single-served coffee
K-Cups are gaining in popularity and for a consumer to determine whether this coffee preparation method is up in his or her alley the abovementioned pros and cons would serve as an effective reference to finally make a suitable decision.